The way you sleep can send spiritual messages to you. This sleeping posture can describe the current state of your life, and also provide additional perspective on how you should make progress.
Over the course of history, sleep positions are known to be one of the greatest ways of understanding people’s destinies.
For example, sleeping with your hands at your side means that you need to rest much more. It means that you are stressing yourself or exerting too much pressure on your mind.
These, and many more are messages to be gotten from sleep positions.
Therefore, in this article, I will talk about the spiritual meaning of sleeping with hands above the head.
With this, you will understand why you constantly assume this posture of sleep and what you need to do about it.
Is hand placement while sleeping important?
Yes, hand placement while sleeping is important.
Let us start by talking about the medical significance of hand placement while sleeping.
When you place your hand in the wrong position while sleeping, you can prevent blood from freely circulating in your hands. This can cause the inactivity of your fingers for some seconds after waking up.
Poor blood circulation in the hand due to wrong hand placement (during sleep) can lead to numbness and cold hands.
Furthermore, hand placement while sleeping is important because it prevents nerve compression.
When you place your hand wrongly during sleep, you might compress the nerves in your hands. This can cause a bit of discomfort when you wake up. In extreme cases, you might suffer fractured hands.
Now, in the spiritual or psychic world, hand placement while sleeping is important because it affects the things we see in our dreams.
When you place your hands in the wrong postures, you expose your chakras to blockages, which brings nightmares and can cause sleeplessness.
Furthermore, hand placement while sleeping is important because it can open you up to receiving fresh energy from the universe. It can rejuvenate your chakras, and open your spiritual senses up to new insights.
Because of these reasons, you need to be cautious about how you place your hands – especially when you are about to sleep.
Every hand placement is tied to a spiritual message, and it can have medical repercussions (if wrongly placed).
Why do I sleep with my hands above my head?
When you sleep with your hands above your head, it means that you are releasing accumulated energy and fatigue during the day.
As someone like me, I ensure to sleep with my hands above my head every day. This relieves me of stress.
It takes out negative energy from me. Every time I wake up, my mind feels fresh. Also, my bones are stronger.
Therefore, one of the reasons you sleep with your hands over your head is to release the tension and stress energy you accumulated during the day.
According to psychic experts, one of the reasons why you sleep with your hands above your head is that you are opening yourself up to expanded awareness.
Every time we sleep, a lot happens in the psychic and spiritual realms.
However, we are privileged to see and feel what we have opened up ourselves to. By sleeping with your hands over your head, you are opening yourself up to the psychic and spiritual activities around you.
You are allowing yourself to infuse subtle energies around you.
Sleeping with your hands above your head also happens because you intend to align your chakras.
When you sleep in this posture, it means that you are opening yourself up to the flow of energy. You are straightening up your chakras and moving them into their positions.
At midnight, you might hear cracks from time to time, which signals the alignment and balancing of those chakras.
Summarily, here are the reasons for sleeping with hands over your head:
- Expanded awareness;
- Chakra alignment and balancing;
- Relieving yourself of stress and accumulated fatigue.
Spiritual meaning behind sleeping with hands above head
Sleeping with hands above the head is a spiritual activity. The universe can use this sleep posture to speak divine messages to you.
Below are some of the spiritual meanings of sleeping with hands above the head:
- This is a sign of surrender. It means that you are surrendering your will to the spiritual realm.
- Also, this could mean worry. Sleeping with this posture implies that you are bothered about something.
- It could also be a sign of regret. When you sleep with your hands above your head, it could imply that you regret taking an action during the day.
- When you sleep in this position, it shows that you are open to receiving spiritual insights through dreams and premonitions.
- This sleep position could also be a sign of weakness. In the spiritual world, this means that you need to create time for adequate rest.
Spiritual meaning of sleeping with arms above my head
When you sleep with arms above your head, this also has something to say concerning the current state of your life.
Here are the implications/meanings of sleeping with your arms above your head:
- It means that you are not happy with the current state of your life.
- Just like sleeping with hands above your head, this also represents surrendering to the will of the heavens.
- Sleeping in this position signifies a sign of spiritual connection. When you find someone who sleeps like this, it shows that they are deeply connected to the spiritual world.
- Sleeping with your arms above your head means that you are realigning your chakra points.
- The spiritual meaning of sleeping in this posture shows that you are concerned about a result, or the aftermath of a project
- Also, this could mean that turbulent seasons are coming. This position is meant to prepare you for what lies ahead.
- It could also be a result of the things you saw in your dream. Therefore, sleeping with your arms above your head could be a dream-response sign.
7 Spiritual reasons why you’re Sleeping with your hands above your head
We have discussed the numerous spiritual meanings of sleeping in this position. Now, let us talk about the spiritual reasons for assuming this posture while sleeping.
You will be amazed at why you do this.
1) Your mind is not at peace
Whenever you sleep with your hands above your head, this is believed to indicate that your mind is not at peace. This sign means that you are bothered about so many things.
This might be concerning what happened during the day, or the things that happened to you in recent times.
Also, this might be a sign of regret.
2) You want to remain vigilant
Some people sleep in this manner to remain vigilant and spiritually sensitive.
Therefore, if you find yourself sleeping in this position, it might be a sign of spiritual sensitivity. This indicates that your inner man is active.
In the spiritual world, people who sleep in this posture are believed to be threats to evil spirits.
The reason is that these spirits cannot ascertain if these people are asleep or not. They don’t know when to strike because of this strange sleep posture.
3) You are expecting something to happen
Another reason why you sleep in this position is that you are expecting something to happen.
You might be expecting a result, a call, or a visit from someone.
4) You are scared
This also explains why some people sleep in this position. They assume this position because of the fears in their hearts.
Whenever you find people sleeping with their arms over their heads, it implies that they are scared of something.
It means that they are full of negative energy and are expecting something bad to happen.
Sometimes, this might be a form of regret concerning a mistake of the past.
5) You are letting go of what has happened in the past
Spiritually, when you sleep in this position, it implies that you have decided to let go of what happened in the past.
This implies that you have accepted your fate, and decided to move on with your life.
6) You feel overwhelmed by pressures
This happened to me last year!
When you find people sleeping with arms over their heads, it means that they are overwhelmed by the pressures of life.
For these people, all they need is a little form of encouragement and prayers.
If you fall into this category, find a therapist or a loved one to confide in. You need people around you at this stage of your life.
7) You are spiritually sensitive
According to several spiritual quarters – especially the Taoists, people who sleep with arms over their heads are believed to be spiritually sensitive.
They are going through a spiritual reformative season.
Before you leave, read the complete spiritual meaning of sleep talking.
Is this sleeping position a warning sign?
Yes, this sleeping position is a warning sign.
It brings the following warning messages, which you should keep in mind:
- It warns you against living an unhealthy lifestyle;
- It warns you against overthinking or exerting too much pressure on your mind;
- It warns you against becoming too vulnerable or exposed to negative energy;
- It warns you against refusing to let go of the past;
- It also cautions you against fuelling your fears.
This is why you should be cautious when you find yourself sleeping in this position.
As you sleep, watch out for this sleep posture.
Sleeping with your hands above the head is highly significant and helps you to avoid some boobytraps. It also clearly defines the state of your life.
I hope you learned from this article.
Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.
My name is Joanna Silva and I am a mormon girl. However, I also have knowledge about spirituality and dreams. I hope you clarify all your doubts with my article, where I expose all my valuable knowledge.